Gorgeous Ponderings...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Sunday How bout a scripture and a song?

Whenever the Lord says peace....

Phillipians  4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Romans 5:1   Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Hi all this is my first Sunday S&S. I hope this Sunday finds you warm, happy and blessed.
I said something a bit profound to me *smile* in an email that I wanted to share. The new year is a time of renewal. A time for fresh starts,  new beginnings and hopefulness. I love January and the hopefulness it evokes in people, myself included. Every year I get super excited about life and the new things that I have a chance to experience because I made it into the new year.
The flip side of that is sometimes the new year brings sadness tragedy and confusion for some. Last night I said bad things happen and It's like a challenge to see if you can hold on to hopefulness.

Last year I allowed myself too many days of hopelessness.I decided whatever this year brings I plan to hold on to hopefulness. I think reading the bible combined with praying everyday, I just might make that goal!

Years ago Vanessa Bell Armstrong recorded a song titled 


There is something about how the old church songs have an anointing that just soothes the weary soul and brings PEACE. The country is once again in turmoil from the senseless tragedy that occurred in Arizona yesterday. We need Peace!!! Please click the link and enjoy the anointed voice of Vanessa Bell Armstrong! This song took me THERE this morning. THIS IS THE BEST VERSION I'VE HEARD. I HOPE IT BLESSES YOU TOO!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Reggie said...

I sincerely hope that you have a profoundly happy new year.

Jameil said...

So distracting to turn off Knockin the Boots so I can listen to VBA!!! O_O --__-- *moment of silence* DON'T give in to hopelessness!! We shall overcome!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Reggie
Thank you so much for saying that Reggie! I hope so too~

@Jameil
I really wish I could turn it off on Sundays. It is distracting! Sincerely Go said I lost her when R. Kelly came on. o_O
Did you enjoy the song?? I wish I had been in that service! Well I'm still hopeful so far. *sigh* I won't give in!!! *smile* Thanks!

Jameil said...

ROTFL @ R-uh! No ma'am! On the song? I didn't enjoy it. She was hollering too much for me.