Gorgeous Ponderings...

Monday, April 16, 2012

In My Ears..... Atlantic Starr

Have you ever had a song that moved you? I mean like every time you hear it it just does something to you. One such groups songs for me is Atlantic Starr. I like all types of music but lately I've been reaching back to the old school classics of my childhood.

My family was all about get togethers, parties, and family gatherings and music was a central part of each event. Looking back at the pictures from the those times always cracks me up. The clothes, the cars, those hats. My peeps were fancy! Hahahaha!

Anywhoo, I remember hearing some of these songs and they had absolutely no meaning to me then, but now???? *fans self* Imagine your mom or aunt slow draggin (I don't even know why I used that term) or groovin in the corner with the one they loved to these songs. This is Grown Folks music and I feel so grown listening to it. Real love songs! Songs about loving, longing and want, not just about sex like the music today.

Here's a list of  a few of my favorites in the order of like. I'm so glad we have stations that continue to play good music like this. Pause the music player and have a listen.

Side bar: Dudes hair on the Touch a Four Leaf Clover cover. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhaha!














5 comments:

ichoosethesun said...

LOL @ grown folks music...indeed! Did you see their episode of Unsung?

Don said...

Atlantic Starr was the ish. My mom used to listen to their music w/ a passion and it resulted in me and my older sister listening. In fact, one of their songs was the theme at my high school graduation.

The song Secret Lovers is just good old fashioned music. Circles is the jam as well.

Jay said...

This is great music! I know I'm a young blood...lol...but I recognize great music when I hear it.

This is definitely the music that gets you in the right mood.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Nexgrl said...

I'm telling my age with this confession, but Atlantic Starr was the soundtrack to my freshman year at college. It seemed as if all of their jams were played at every dance.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@ichoosethesun
I did see it and I was appalled at all the turmoil and conflict! That was a lot of drama but they were a great band and made great music!

@Don
After I grew up and really listened to Secret Lovers and really knew what they were singing about I hate that song. But it is an excellent harmony about cheating. Circles is a JAM! lol!

@UpDsn
Welcome! It is definitely in the mood music! LOL! I'm glad we have access to it.

@Nexgrl
I won't even do the math ;) I think it's cool you actually danced at real parties to Atlantic Starr.