Gorgeous Ponderings...

Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's Sunday How bout a scripture and a song?


Deuteronomy 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

To me this scripture means that instead of just believing in what the prophets say, know God for yourself! Know God for what he means to you! Know God for what he has done for you! Know God for what he has brought YOU through!

This Sunday I'm taking it way back once again. Walter Hawkins songs have been on my heart and in mind for a minute. Every time I get lost in myself,  a good old church song puts things back into perspective for me. I have to stay focused and believe...as

Romans 8:28  says And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. 

And God is bigger than my problems!

Please pause the music player and Enjoy!

3 comments:

Monique said...

Good scripture selection

Reggie said...

Nice post

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Monique
Thank you! I try to quote the second one often.

@Reggie
Thanks!