Gorgeous Ponderings...

Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Sunday: Thoughts on prayer and a scripture

I just found this on Pinterest and it was so profound I had to post it. When I pray I normally pray about things that are affecting me at that moment, prayers of thanks or tangible prayers, but it has never struck me to pray for the impossible. What a profound concept! 

 I'm always speaking on or quoting the scripture...

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. 

Especially the above all I can ask or think part. And personally I believe I think BIG! But what about what's past my own thoughts? Bigger than me? Bigger than my wants or desires? 

Again, what a profound concept. What if I began to pray for things I think are impossible?

What would God do? 

Now that's taking Him out of the box!

The power that works in us is important too. People overlook that part of the scripture, but we obtain power from God through prayer and he can continue to bless as us as we stay connected to him. When my life gets crazy most times it's because I've slacked up on what I know to do which is Pray.
credit
I just wanted to share my thoughts... Thanks for listening.

9 comments:

Reggie said...

Amen

Daij said...

That prayer about the impossible? That spoke to my heart. May I please share it?

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Daji Absolutely!! Please share...

Trish said...

I've tried being pretty specific with my prayers lately. I also was feeling bad about praying when I was down and out but a friend encouraged me to do so because God always welcomes us back. Great post!

P.S. I love this... said...

Great post. I remember a sermon about prayer about the impossible.. that God can put in motion things that we have yet to even THINK about.. that's deep. It brings to mind the divine path He has set for every individual, stuff that we think we are navigating in our lives, is like deja vu to Him.

Nekiah Torres said...

First, don't be guilty of not having because you haven't asked. God says (Ps. 81:10), “I, the Lord, am your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide and I will fill it.” So, open wide! Ask!

Second, don't be guilty of not having because you doubt God's ability or His willingness to give. Nothing is impossible with God! As the loving Father, He will give good gifts to His children who ask (Matt. 7:11).

We can’t always understand His purposes, but we never should doubt His ability or His goodness towards us.

Third, don't be guilty of praying small prayers. Pray “big” prayers! It is impossible to ask God for too much, assuming that it is in line with His will and for His glory. Phillips Brooks said, “Pray the largest prayers. You cannot think a prayer so large that God, in answering it, will not wish you had made it larger. Pray not for crutches but for wings.”

Fourth, pray for yourself and for this church that for His glory, God would do through us that which is humanly inexplicable. Don’t try to scrounge up 200 denarii to barely meet the needs of the hungry multitude.

Pray for the Lord to multiply our few loaves and fishes, so that He would get all the glory.

Pray for the powerful conversion of many sinners.

Pray for repentance and holiness for His saints.

Pray that He will be glorified in His church and in Christ Jesus, to all generations forever and ever. Amen!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Trish
Continue to be specific. Just know that he hears you. Never feel bad about praying. The down and out prayers are the best He hears you and cares either way. :)

@P.S.
Wow that is deep! I would love for God to put something in motion that "I" can't even think of. Can you just imagine how AMAZING it would be. CAN YOU?? LOL!

@Kiah Torres
First off welcome! 2nd Thank you!
Girl if you did not just pop up on my blog and preach a sermon. Amen! to all you said...AMEN!

Don said...

we obtain power from God through prayer and he can continue to bless as us as we stay connected to him.

I truly believe this with all of my heart, body and soul.

Thanks for the reminder GP.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Don
Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad my little revelation could help. :)