Gorgeous Ponderings...

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Month in Pictures: Day 5 - 10:00 AM and It's Sunday .....


What am I doing at 10:00 am?? Cooking. There's just something about a Sunday Morning that makes me want to cook breakfast!! As a child, eating Sunday breakfast together was something we did before church sometimes. A good bowl of cereal was on deck some days too. lol Going to church and staying all those hours on an empty stomach is so NOT the business!

Today, I'm cooking up some hashbrowns for this breakfast. The rest of this meal will consist of scrambled eggs and toast with butter and jelly. Sadly NO bacon and I have the sads! I mean, what is breakfast without bac-o-licious, pork-tastic, salty hog slabs of crispy goodness?

Anywhoo, I went to a diner once that served their hashbrowns with a sprinkle of cheddar and a dollop of sour cream. At first I was put off cuz imma ketchup kinda girl, but as it turns out that's a rather tasty combination.  

I really just wanted to show ya'll I can make hashbrowns from scratch. Yep that's me... still in the vain of AWESOME!



And since it's Sunday I must add my scripture and song. How appropriate is "In The Morning" by Mary Mary?


Gen 19:27 And Abraham got up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD.

5 comments:

Reggie said...

That does look rather tasty.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Reggie
Thank you sir!

K. Rock said...

You made hash browns from scratch? Like shredding actual potatoes? If so, I am impressed.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@K Rock
Yes ma'am, shredded on the cheese grater, seasoned and cooked. *takes bow* lol

sunshinestar110 said...

I'm sooo impressed that you made hash browns from scratch! That is something my Aunt use to do all the time and I said that one day that i would too but i hate the kitchen so lawd only knows when that time will be.