Gorgeous Ponderings...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thoughtfully…Thought-Out…Thursday…Thoughts #39


1.I took some time off from reality TV I just couldn't go cold turkey K Rock you were right from all TV. The break was actually refreshing. I resumed watching reality early Sunday morning and by Monday night I was overloaded again. From this TT you can tell I missed it...lol

2.Where did they find those folks for "Wedding Wars"?? Awww Frankie and Sophia, they were voted off last time I watched. Sophia what color is your face?? Copper? In that same vain I am completely appalled that someone with a jacked up mouth and articulation calls himself “Hollywood” Dude Really?

3.I’m kinda into period pieces #Mildred Pierce.

4.I thought the plastic surgery faces on RHOBH were bad but Miami has them beat. Did ya’ll see that one chick Marisol mom’s face?? OMG!! The horror! She said she was a witch! I agree!

5.They will make a show about ANYTHING! Extreme Couponing TLC really????

6.Know what I miss? I miss AR gal’s re-cap of the Te.en M.om Series. I have had some things I've wanted to say about that show this season. Humph!!! But I understand. I will say this in, the season finale I swear Jen.elle's mom wanted to call Ke.ifer "that nig.ga" she probably did and they re-taped it.


7.I don’t really like African Art. Is that bad?? I think the idea of it is beautiful but as a personal preference nope. I do like African textiles though.

8.I really relish in the term “quit my life” Lately I feel like I was born into somebody else’s life. It’s been surreal. Sometimes I truly wish I could "quit my life."

9.I regret never moving to Chicago and working for the Oprah Winfrey Show. I wonder if I can get in on the OWN network. This is totally off my life plan path. But right now...path smath!

10.I’m afraid of horses. Although I’ve rode a horse before it was NOT a pleasant experience. Horses are creepy too! Their eyes are too big!

11.I'm not sure if ya'll know this..or if I told ya'll...but....I’m suppose to be great. I mean for real great like read about me in the paper, hear about me on the news, be proud that you know me great!!! Every day that passes and this is not achieved I feel let down by myself. Conceited much...Yes! LET ME BE GREAT!!!

12.I’m totally looking forward to the dressing ease of summer. Throwing on a simple sexy sundress and super cute sandals YASS!

13.It was odd to me how Elizabeth Taylor’s death was down played in the media. Like I barely heard or saw anything about it. I bet if Michael Jackson was still alive it would have been a HUGE deal!


14.Seen and Heard Some people need to leave that plastic surgery alone. Have ya’ll seen Kenny Rodgers??  He shoulda knew when to holdem, to foldem, knew when to walk away, knew when to run! He shoulda ran…And Lara Flynn Boyle?? WTH? Creepy!


10 comments:

Jameil said...

Wow... you went too celebrity for me. I got nothin on any of those. If this is the result of you not watching tv... please watch tv.
3) I like old movies but not necessarily period pieces.
5) Foolishness.
7) Be more specific. Sculpture/masks? I actually like a lot of it. I LOVE the textiles!!!!!
8) SON! Don't say stuff like this!! You go from not telling us anything to a barrage. I'm so overwhelmed!
9) Confused. What is your field?
10) LOLOLOL This is a Jameil one if I ever saw one. I'm not afraid of horses but their eyes are too big??? LOLOL
11) That's not conceited.
12) For this reason I want waaaaaay more dresses.

Jazzy said...

lmao @ Jam's initial comment about you needing to watch tv!!

As for the plastic surgery screw ups...ewwww. I don't even recognize Kenny at all! Lara looks like she had cheek implants, lip implants and someone REALLY messed the job up! no likey!

Monique said...

I dontknow why Kenny had anything done at all. And Lara, Lawd I didn't even know that was her!`

P.S. I love this... said...

5. I agree but buying $600 worth of groceries for $6.00 has me intrigued. lol

6. OMG I hate Teen Mom but I can't stop watching it.. During the show it's alotta eye-rolling and teeth sucking.. and yelling "So Stupid!!" at the screen. That Jenelle is a meth addict waiting to happen.

Looking forward to seeing the episode of Corey and Leah getting married.

You are SO RIGHT about Brenda wanting to call Keifer a nig.ga. He is trifling though.

7. You're so funny.

8. STOP IT!

9. Go for it!

10. Love horses.. They are beautiful, strong and sensitive.

11. Go forth and be GREAT! NOW!

12. You ain't never lied. Bring on the damn summer already.

OMG that hilarious that your veri word was nohips. DEAD!!

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

I watch RHOM. Marisol's mom is scaring looking. OMG. I can't believe how Marisol can look at her.

I watched Wedding Wars twice. I can never seem to catch it when it comes on. I always catch the rerun on the weekends. I have too many shows I watch now and can't add another one in no where in my schedule.

I say "I quit earth".

I love dressing for summer. it's so easy.

K. Rock said...

1. Ha! I knew that would be hard.
4. I haven't seen the show but i have seen the pics and I just dont know why people do it to themselves.
5. When I saw the commercial, I was drawn in! I can't see watching it every week but I will watch the first ep. I thnk I will get the point after that.
6. Don't know what happened to her. She pops up every now and then. Where u at AR Gal!!
8. I have been feeling the term "stalk my life" from the Jersey Shore.
10. I am not afraid of them but I dont care for them.
11. I love it! Get great! Get great!
12. Yes! I love spring for several reason but that is one of them, Jeans and a tank top, or a dress, every day!
13. Ughhh, Lara looks terrible. I ask again, Why people?!

Anonymous said...

5. Yeah, I coupon and even I don't like this show. I love to save $$ and my grocery bill is the envy of all my friends, but um, no I don't need a show about it.

6. Her recaps were THE BEST!!!

Reggie said...

When plastic surgery goes bad, it looks really foul. I saw a show about Joan Rivers the other night and she had so much plastic surgery, it looks like her ears met in the back of her head. She looked like a goddamned cat.

I don't know about Oprah. I've never cared for her show, but then I've got an excuse....I'm a man.....a straight man at that. Anyway, I did watch a short about the production of her show once and she seemed to be the only woman of color in the dozens of young women and men she was talking to. I'd be curious to know just how many women of color she actually employs.

I remember someone calling her on it and she saying something like "I have people for stuff like that". I'd think that as a woman of color who has gone through so much to get where she is that she'd understand the importance of employing women of color.

Reggie said...

When plastic surgery goes bad, it looks really foul. I saw a show about Joan Rivers the other night and she had so much plastic surgery, it looks like her ears met in the back of her head. She looked like a goddamned cat.

I don't know about Oprah. I've never cared for her show, but then I've got an excuse....I'm a man.....a straight man at that. Anyway, I did watch a short about the production of her show once and she seemed to be the only woman of color in the dozens of young women and men she was talking to. I'd be curious to know just how many women of color she actually employs.

I remember someone calling her on it and she saying something like "I have people for stuff like that". I'd think that as a woman of color who has gone through so much to get where she is that she'd understand the importance of employing women of color.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@Jameil
LOLOLOL! Tell me how you really feel LOL!
3. I like period pieces but really can’t get into old movies. It started with the Changeling I really liked that movie!
5. I will watch tho I might get some tips I need! LOL!
7. I hate the masks and many of the sculptures,but I like the art and the textiles.
8. Oh stop it! I NEED to vent. I feel sooooooo free Wheeeeeeeee! LOLOLOL!
9) Education…I’m sure I mentioned wanting to be a world renowned Prof. of Sociology with emphasis on African American life (book forth coming…) No? my bad. LOL!
10. But what’s crazy is I was turning past The Ring and saw the horses eyes and it reminded me…Creepy!
11. Thank you! I knew you’d get it!
12 Dude! So many dresses so little time! I want long and short dresses in pretty bright colors!

@Jazzy
Jameil cracks me up!

Kenny is looks like some other dude named Stanley and Lara how could she let someone convince her to do that??? I really hope the picture was photoshopped to be worse than it is. Cuz chile!! And her Dr. should be sued and shut down!

@Monique
Hollywood has these people going crazy! I thought men aged gracefully?? Poor Kenny. SMH at Lara.

@P.S. I love this...
5.Yeah if I can and get some tips like that it would be AMAZE!
6. I can't stop watching it either! OMG that one girl Kailyn?? I can’t with her and Joe
I’m glad Corey and Leah are getting married. Score for one baby mama! Keifer is trifling. It just made me sick to watch that mess! And Chelsea! Geez poor airhead! I hate the disrespect displayed by these teen males. Sons just aren’t raised right any more!
7. LOL! Thank you!
8. I can’t!
9. I wish!
10. Awww what a sweet quote about horses. *smile* I wish I saw them like this.
11.“Go forth and be GREAT! NOW!” Love it Thanks!
12. Okay!!!!! It’s finally warm this week!

@Thoughtsofsoutherngal
Marisol's mom is SO scary looking. You can tell Marisol’s had some work done too and she will look just like that if she doesn’t quit. I wonder how old her mom is?

Late nite they replay this stuff and I watch

LOL@"I quit earth"

Man I can’t wait for Summer!

@K. Rock
1. It was!
4. I was shocked at the couples. Some looked so mismatched like are they really couples? You can’t trust tv anymore.
5. I want to watch too to get the concept, but seriously a whole series?? LOL!
6. I miss her too! #AR Gal
8. I never go into the Jersey Shore but "stalk my life" sounds interesting.
10. They are creepy to me.
11. LOLOLOL@Get great! Get great! Thank you!!!
12. YASS!!! #springsummer
13. Just hideous!

@mrstdj said...
5. Okay wait! If you are saving so much that you’re envied DO TELL!! I need a class...email me some tips...Please
6. I completely agree!!

@Reggie
Oh wow! Joan Rivers...funny she used to be the worst but so many have her beat now. I hate that plastic surgery is soooooooo prevalent now.

Oprah employs a few blacks. I’m not sure how many, but my thought was money focused. I’m sure they are paid VERY well!

But let’s be real what wealthy blacks do you know of who regularly employee blacks?? (I know there are some who do) We can’t even come together to create comparable companies as owned by our counterparts, let alone hire one another...but I digress! LOL!