Gorgeous Ponderings...

Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Idea A Hair Journey

After doing some extensive research, I found a few hair blogs and forums about growing out relaxed hair.
I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited. Each of these blogs gives detailed instructions about growing out  relaxed hair to achieve length and healthy hair.  Again, sooooooooooo excited. I wish had found this out six months ago.

I'm about to start an additional blog charting my Hair Journey as it's called on the blogs. I don't know what my current length is called. It is in between neck length and shoulder length(i know short). I'm going to get my length back with co-washing, protein treatments, oil treatments, using really quality products, sealing my ends, taking vitamins, stretching my relaxers and always using a silk or satin scarf to tie my hair at night. I hope I included everything!

I'll include more information and links to those sites on my new blog.

1 comment:

P.S. I love this... said...

Don't forget moisture.. I'm currently natural and have been for 3 years. At first, I was all over the blogs for info on how to work with my hair. Long story short, I kept reading how great protein was for the hair. So I proteined so much that I got a nice little bald spot to show for it. I have since learned that my hair is very sensitive to protein, so I use it sparingly. Actually when I need to build strength, Indian herbal powders are my go-tos. Good luck!