Thursday, August 12, 2010
1.Watching shows where the characters have died in real life freaks me out sometimes. All except the Bernie Mac show I can watch that and crack up until the episode with him and Isaac Hayes that episode freaks me out. Two dead people in the same episode I can’t!!!! I obviously need to watch more old movies, everybody’s dead in those!
2.Who’s excited about Top Chef Just Desserts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and The Great Food Truck Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? ME! Final three on The Next Food Network Star!
3. I’m really facing a dilemma! I started a M.A. program that I HATED HATED HATED!!!!!! it was totally not what I expected. I mean I hated EVERYTHING about it. The curriculum, the professors, the other students, the school. (I know that sounds bad) I have gone through this long process of ending that program and trying to transfer some of my units to another school and different program. Oh they gave/are giving me so much Stress, Drama and Flack! I felt like the first person in the world to hate a master’s program and want to change. The advisor was like “that is unheard of. You should have planned better” etc. Okay maybe I should have. But I didn’t. Just freakin help me lady!
4. I’ve been on my hair journey for 7 months. It seems that since I’m so focused on my hair it’s growing at a snails pace. I did the Big Chop in February and turned around got a relaxer. I know! Who does that???? My hair is this weird length that I’m not used to. It has grown out from the short cut, but is not back to it’s original bra strap length, and I don’t like it! Maybe I could cut it again so it can look better, but I don’t want to cut it, so it can grow back. My life is a mess right now with all this indecisiveness!!!
5. Face Book is officially dead to me. DEAD! The kiddies, nuts, baby mama/daddies, jump-offs, exes and bitters have taken over. My sisters had a fight online for all the world too see WTH?????? I had people calling me asking what the heck was going on? *sigh* I’m so ready for the next new thing in social networking!
6. Why is fattening food soooooo good??? Mmmmm a Philly cheesesteak hoagie with good cheese, extra sweet/hot peppers and tomatoes vs. a mixed greens salad with tomato, cucumbers, bell peppers, baby carrots tossed in olive oil and lemon. Yum NOT!
7. Fall is almost here!! It’s my favorite season. I love Fall. This year I’m loving the rocker chick/military vibe of clothes this year. I like the studs and embellishments. What are you loving and what are your Fall must haves? I must have a new pair of boots this Fall.
8. Do you know who Russell Brand is? He’s a pretty funny British comedian. Well he is remaking the comedy Arthur!! Dudley Moore was a hilarious actor and I‘m interested to see Russell’s take on the role but I've never seen the original. I just liked Dudley Moore. DVD time!
9. I usually don’t do telemarketers but I got a savvy gent recently. No matter what excuse I came up with he insisted on selling me a newspaper. I like the Sunday paper for the comics, the coupons and the Lifestyle section and I frequently buy it at the newsstand. But I tell you this guy was savvy????? I now have a subscription for the Sunday SF Chronicle for 35 cents, wrapped in plastic because I didn't want it to be damp or have bugs in an envelope labeled with my name on it because people steal newspapers around here and I wanted it to look official placed neatly on my front porch so I won't have to walk out into the yard every Sunday morning.
10. I frequently have run on sentences and I write so a lot. So this, so that *shrugs*