Gorgeous Ponderings...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haiti ( My Thoughts)

I've waited quite awhile to say anything about Haiti. Of course my heart goes out to all the victims of the major earthquake that rocked that country? island? (not good with geography.) It is interesting to see the outpouring of support and aid that is going there. I am troubled by the images of destruction and chaos and fighting that the media has bombarded us with for many days. I also watched scanned the telethon this past Saturday. And I will be making my donation once I determine which charity is legit. But all of this support makes me remember hurricane Katrina. Can you image if New Orleans had received such an outpouring of support the difference that would have been made in those tragic days after the storm? It seems to me that the socioeconomic conditions of Haiti could be likened to the socioeconomic conditions of the ninth ward. So what made the difference?

No comments: